Monday, February 18, 2008

Busy Bee's

Apologies for the lack of posts. We had two pretty big cakes last week and they took up pretty much all of my time.

Lots of other crazy stuff has been going on as well, but we'll save that for another day.

Saturday we had planned on swinging by the Nasher Sculpture Center but it was raining and cold so we decided to save it for another day.

We did go to Northpark, catch a movie and grab some lunch. We weren't able to do much for Valentine's because we had to work on cakes so Saturday was our day together. I did receive a flower arrangement that looked like a cake though. That was pretty thoughtful and creative.

Anyway, I was on a mission to find a backpack for Rylee (she starts preschool this week) while we were at Northpark. I'd seen this cute little pink one with a pig on it at Babystyle a while back. We stopped in after the movie only to discover the last one had be bought just hours before. We called the Plano and Austin store but neither had any in stock.

Later when we got home I searched the internet for hours trying to find what I was looking for. I was also looking for a nap mat. Those things are MUCH harder to find than I expected. I found several that I really liked on Etsy but didn't have time to wait for shipping. So I ended up purchasing one at Kid to Kid. Not as cute but cute enough.

I found this backpack/lunch tote combo at Pottery Barn Kids.





Cute, matching, seems to be pretty durable. Rylee digs the backpack too.

While we were there I discovered this super cute bed set. You can purchase it for a crib or a larger sized bed. I know I just bought Rylee a new quilt but...





Check out the matching wall art!



While in Target today (picking up a few Global Bazaar clearance items and looking for a new table runner) I passed by an end-cap that had some of the new Dwell Kitchen Linens. I guess they are in the process of rolling out the new stuff and this is what they started with!

Table Runner





Kitchen Towels/Napkins





I picked up the grey table runner and some napkins. I'm so excited about Dwell designing a line for Target. It's about time!

Oh yeah! I shipped off the first custom cookie cutter that was ordered from me the other day! Here are the results!





1 comment:

Jessica said...

mmmm, i heart that blue runner.