Friday, June 29, 2007

Dancing With Myself

I'm sitting, finally.

I really should be sleeping, I'm so exhausted. I worked on two cakes yesterday the entire day. They turned out great, better than I expected. Rodney says every cake I make is better than the one before, maybe so. Hopefully so.

I went to Old Navy twice this week. The first time I went was because I needed to return something I'd bought for Rylee the last time we were in Austin. I bought the wrong size on accident and haven't had a chance to exchange it since. I also had a $10 credit for something else. What a great week to happen to go to Old Navy. The entire store is on sale. Literally. I got Rylee this top I've been eyeing for a while now and a really cute skirt. I went back today to get some flip flops for the boy and happened to find some yoga pants that were on sale (and red!) and some of this favorite kinds of t-shirts (the baseball tee), so I purchased those things for him and another top for Rylee. Sadly, nothing for myself. I hate it when there is a huge sale and I can't find anything that I just can't live without. Then again, maybe that's a good thing. I did get a new bathing suit top, the BEST headband ever and a new tank top. We went to Target last night to find the newly released Traveling Wilbury's cd/dvd - when I realized they didn't have it, I wondered over and found some things that I loved instead.

Speaking of the Traveling Wilbury's...I really want that cd. Their stuff hasn't been in production in 15 + years. We've been watching this crazy music channel for the last couple of days and I've seen 3 Traveling Wilbury videos. It's been awesome.

So, I made another of NieNie's ---

WAIT! This channel is officially the best channel ever! "Little Lies" by Fleetwood Mac just came on!

All I have to say now is, MAC ATTACK! Jess, seriously. This cover band has been 10 years in the making. We need to do something about it. I'll get a bunch of scarves and weird dresses and you'll get a hat or two and a keyboard.

Back to what I was previously discussing. I made another one of Nie's recipes, the portabello mushroom and zucchini tacos. I also made some pico, some chips and some garlic roasted green beans. We had some mozzarella cheese and lite sour cream on top of our tacos...they were divine. I just want to say that every recipe I've tried of hers has been pretty easy and non time consuming. Which for me, is a really good thing.

mmm, you know you want some!





I took these of my child yesterday. She's so beautiful. Some nights after she's gone to bed and it's kind of late, I go into her room, pick her up and sit in the cushy rocking chair with her. I love the way she curls into my arms and the way she breathes so lightly. I also love how she talks to me when she's half asleep, she whispers and says "hi momma" even though she is barely awake. I went into her room last night and held her for a while. She's so long now. It's seems so weird to me how quickly she is growing up. I want her to stop. Rylee, stop growing up please.






Not a whole lot going on this weekend. Next weekend starts the month of craziness. Tomorrow we are having dinner with the Gruver-Hoovers. Jess and I will be cooking and grocery shopping together. The boys will probably be playing with the Wii or watching some dvd about drumming.

I'm so very tired right now. She's asleep, I should take advantage.

No comments: