Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Post

Alright blogger, you've roped me in. As I sit here and eat my strawberry shortcake, I can't help but think what a goof I am for having this, second blog. In all fairness, the First Blog
is primarily for my cakes and other baking assortments. This blog is going to be for me. Vegetarian cooking, adventures in mommy-hood, swim class, the greatest bunch of friends on the planet...the basics.

Here it goes!

Today was a semi-productive day for me. I've been so busy making cakes in the last couple of weeks, it's been nice to have a moment to breath. (it all starts back up Thursday though!) I finally got around to folding all of Rylee's clothes (seriously why did I EVER think that kid needed more?) and re-organizing her clothes/drawers. You mom's out there know exactly what I'm talking about. Every couple of months, you have to go through everything and get all of the smaller items out of the drawers/closets and decide what to do with them. I usually do this every 3 months or so. That means I've done it 6 times. Seems like a lot more though. Some things I save (things I bought that I love or just things I love in general) in a large container, some things I donate and some things I sell at Kid to Kid or Once Upon a Child. If I do that, I either take the money and buy her some more STUFF or I put it in an account for her.

So, did that and then it was on to dinner. Tonight was an easy night for me, grilled cheese sandwiches, rosemary potatoes and green apple slices. Rodney just wanted plain American cheese on his (his taste buds are not as defined as mine) but Rylee and I had a little cheddar, a little provolone and a little bit of smoked mozzarella (on whole wheat, of course). To make the potatoes, I cut each baby red in half, tossed them with a little EVOO, sprinkled some coarse salt, black pepper and of course, rosemary over all and then roasted them for ten minutes on each side in the oven, set at 450 degrees.

I didn't serve Rylee any potatoes because I wasn't sure if she'd like them. She kept grabbing them off of our plates and eating them, so I guess that means she did.

I didn't take any pictures (duh!) but I can assuredly tell you that it was delicious! The hubs even commented a few times on how good the potatoes were.

In case you haven't noticed, we went vegetarian (or, as Jess would say, Pescatarian. we will still eat fish ocassionally not constantly though) and I'm extremely pleased so far. I was a vegetarian a few years ago so it's not that hard for me. It's not going to be hard for Rylee...we'll see how about the hubster. He's totally into it and doing well, so props to him! I'm so excited to get back into a healthy food lifestyle. It's so easy to get wrapped up in convience and fast food when you have kids and work to deal with. Unfortunately we've been eating for convience more so recently due to the rising demands of my impending baking business. All of that changes now. I'm excited, really excited and I can't wait to try some new things I've seen here at blogger!

Tomorrow night is black bean chili with whole wheat tortillas, courtesy of CuisineNie, whose blog I just found and adore!

No comments: