Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's nearing that time of year...

Soon it will be April.

11 days into April, it will be my 27th birthday.

I was cool with turning 25.

26 seemed like it would be nice (it has been).

But 27 seems really old to me. I've never had a problem getting older but I'm having a tough time with this one.

I'm sure it will be fine. I do like odd numbers. Maybe this will be an especially nice year for me.

Nonetheless, here are a few things that are on my birthday wish list this year.

I'd really love this mixer. I currently have a 5 quart Artisan series and while it's been very good to me, it's just not cutting it these days. I need something with a little more power, a little more...oomph! This color suits me too.



I'd really like this kitchen island from Ikea. I have a very large workspace in my kitchen as it is (we designed it that way) but sometimes we both need to have a decent sized space to work on. Especially now that we've had a good amount of business from Etsy. I'd like this island with the stainless steel top. Good for rolling out fondant. My fondant helper concurs. The only negative thing about this island is that it will probably make our kitchen look less open and clean.




This make-up bag from Kate Spade. It's green. It has polka dots. There's really no question as to why this is on my list.



A new cake stand. I've decided to collect them. Someday they're going to look just lovely adorning my shop. Someday





*I found both of those on Etsy. I'm reallly looking for white cake stands, preferably with a scalloped edge or skirt. I do really like the blue one though so I couldn't resist adding it to my list.

There are a few other things on my list. I'd enjoy some throw pillows (Dwell for Target), some new stools for my kitchen (oh what I wouldn't give!) and some other smaller things. My wish list is a little big. That's why it's a WISH list!

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

Lovely wish list! Especially that bag!

UGH. 27 has been so hard for me. And it's only been 2 days. All I could think today was, "I'm really gonna be a wreck when I turn 30."

April said...

Don't make me feel old! I just turned 27 in February. The way I see it, 27 is something to celebrate, because i'm still not 30! LOL Actually 27 feels good. I feel old enough to be taken serious as an experienced Adult, but 27 still seems a young number! :0D
Happy early birthday!

Jessica said...

I didn't have a problem with 27. Actually, I claimed my age as 27 as soon as the new year hit, a month before my birthday.

But, realizing that Lindsey is actually younger than me does make me feel old. Just because I think of everyone who has kids as being older than me.

And yes, I know you have a kid and are younger than me. Stop pointing that out.

:)

Steph said...

Jess, I would hardly call 2 or 3 month YOUNGER. I mean, technically yes. But really it's not like 2 or 3 years. Let's go to Cuba Libra this weekend ;)

Lindsey - I think I'm going to be a wreck too. I don't really know why either. I've never had a problem getting older, I've always really liked it. I think part of my problem is that I met Rodney when he was 27 and he's going to be 32 this year. Just realizing how quickly those years went by makes me afraid of how quick the last three years of my own 20's are going to pass. I guess it's life though, huh?

April - I agree, I'm not yet 30! That's a good thing. You should definitely be taken as a serious adult, you have a very successful business! And I can't wait until I need some sort of floral arrangement! Thanks for the birthday wishes ;)