Monday, March 3, 2008

Marshmallows, Foofa, Costa Vida

I decided to give making home-made marshmallows a shot this weekend, per Brownie Points recipe. She even included a nice pdf to be easily printed and added to my recipe collection. If only we all took the time!

They were simple enough to make (though I did have a little trouble with the gooey stuff sticking to EVERYTHING in my kitchen) and soooooooo tasty! I'm not sure I'll ever want to eat a store bought marshmallow again.

Note to Self,

Self, remember when you made homemade marshmallows and Rodney had to scrape the mixing bowl clean for you because it was too gooey for you to handle? And do you remember when you made homemade marshmallows and it got all over your clothes and the hot syrupy-sugar mixture splashed on your hand and it left a burn mark and there were really hard to get off dried sugar pieces all over your very nice butchers block countertop? Remember all of that? Let's limit the homemade marshmallow making for now, k?




Seriously, they were very simple and easy to make. Slightly messy though.

Foofa

Here's the outcome of our Yo Gabba Gabba iron-on. I'm very pleased with it and Rylee absolutely loves it. She keeps pointing to her shirt while saying, "Look Momma! It's Foofa! Foofa's right there!"



Pretty cute stuff.

Here's the link again for the Iron-On's in case you missed it.

I'd post a picture of the girl wearing it (which she currently is) but she's napping and I won't be risking that!

Costa Vida

This is the new eatery I'm currently obsessing about. Oh. So. Good.

It's Chipotle-esque (and I do love me some Chipotle) but I almost want to say it's better.

That's a bold statement.

The last two times I have been, I had the Vegetarian Salad (you can get this same salad with meat options too).

They start you off with a very fresh, giant tortilla and fill it with cilantro-lime rice, your choice of beans (black or pinto), meat (if you're into that kind of thing - they have shredded chicken, shredded beef, mango chicken, sweet pork or fajita grilled beef), lots of romaine, choice of salsa, cotija cheese, fresh guacamole, tortilla strips and your choice between the creamy cilantro ranch or vinaigrette dressings. Take my word for it - the cilantro ranch is to DIE for.

It's delicious. Rodney had some enchilada's the other day and they were excellent as well. The kids meals come with a warm sugar-cinnamon tortilla that is exactly the perfect ending to this meal. (did you think I was going to let her eat the whole thing?!?)

The prices are very reasonable and the food is very, very fresh. It tastes so incredibly fresh. Which is exactly what the owners of this place were going for.

All of the sudden I'm starving!

Stay tuned for my post on places to take your kids, starting with Bicentennial Park in Southlake! And my post on great new Spring clothes for toddlers!

No comments: